Bookmark our events calendar to keep up-to-date with the best of what’s on in Cardiff in 2017 with everything from art and theatre to stand-up comedy, food & drink and Cardiff’s live music scene.
Cardiff events calendar:
If you’re looking to crack the colour code for our what’s on in Cardiff events guide, it’s just a case of looking out for yellow blocks for art or museum exhibitions, orange for food and drink events, black blocks for stage and theatre, red for music, blue for stand-up comedy, light-blue for sports, grey for film and green is for conventions or all day events.
Simply use the arrow buttons to skip ahead to later months, or you can use the Jump Months feature to see what’s on in any month throughout the year.
What’s on in Cardiff today:
- Derived from the Written: Henriette Heimdal and Leah Meredith at Chapter Arts Centre
Find out more in the events calendar above.
Last updated – 21st September
Our Cardiff events listings are made up of a number of venues in and around the Cardiff area that have a long history of putting on great events, whether it’s live music, stand-up comedy, food and drinks events, theatre, or museum exhibitions. Our top “what’s on in Cardiff” venues are (insert drum roll), in no particular order:
- The Gate – this converted church just off City Road is a gem, boasting everything from great live music to theatre, film and wine nights in the cafe and computer games events.
- Pipes Brewery – Cardiff’s shining light of craft beer brilliance throws open the doors to its courtyard on the first Saturday of every month with great street food to accompany the pints. You can keep tabs on the latest from the brewery on its Twitter page.
- The New Theatre – it may well have been around for too long to be considered new, but with a strong schedule of great theatre there are a lot of great new performances to see.
- Motorpoint Arena – The biggest dedicated events venue in Cardiff, the Motorpoint Arena is where you’ll find most of the biggest names, along with a number of conventions to keep an eye out for.
- St David’s Hall – Another hefter in terms of seats and big name shows, St David’s Hall has got a great line-up for 2017 with some impressive stand-up comedy to look out for.
- Glee Club – There’s more great comedy at the Glee Club and we’ve whittled through their listings to select the best of them to include in our what’s on in Cardiff events guide above
- The Tramshed – One the Welsh capital’s fringe music venues, The Tramshed does a good job of putting on some surprisingly good gigs, so it’s definitely worth looking out for. Check out the latest from them, including their cinema listings, at https://twitter.com/tramshedcf.
- Chapter Arts Centre – Who doesn’t love the Chapter Arts Centre. It does a mean Sunday roast (honestly, there’s more beef than you know what to do with), has some great art exhibitions, puts on a number of performances throughout the year and has it’s own indie cinema, which we love.
- Clwb Ifor Bach – Grass roots live music doesn’t get much sharper than at the Welsh Club and it just keeps getting better.
- National Museum Cardiff – Even when it doesn’t have much in the way of exhibitions to check out, the National Museum Cardiff is still well worth a visit with it’s incredible architecture and art.
Regular activities in Cardiff:
- TeamSport Go-Karting Cardiff – race with family and friends at the huge track just outside the Welsh capital
- Escape Rooms – take on the challenge of escaping from the mysterious lockins at Escape Rooms, Cardiff
- Treetop Adventure Golf – work on your putting skills with two 18-hole adventure golf courses in St David’s Shopping Centre
- Welsh Games – crazy games and fun for stag dos, hen parties and birthdays all under the big sky of South Wales. Book at www.welshgames.co.uk/
- St Fagans National Museum of History – buff up on your Welsh history and culture with a great day out at the National Museum of History at St Fagans
- National Museum Cardiff – from art to natural history and a great cafe, there’s everything you need from a museum here. Check out what’s on at https://museum.wales/cardiff/whatson/
- Cardiff International Pool – water slides, lazy river, gym and a huge swimming pool make this one of Cardiff’s best regular activities
- Cardiff International White Water – try your hand at kayaking or white river rafting at this purpose built facility down in Cardiff Bay. Check them out on Twitter at twitter.com/cardiffintww
- Boulders Cardiff – whether you’re a beginner or a pro climber, there are a variety of walls for you to challenge yourself on