Karl Pilkington returned to his Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant enforced travels with An Idiot Abroad Series 2 DVD at the end of 2011. Building on the success of the first series, which saw Karl and his trusty bag of Monster Munch crisps being carted around the seven wonders of the world, Series 2 sends the wayward traveller to see the greatest things to do before you die.
The mad cap bucket list includes bungee jumping in New Zealand, a visit to an isolated desert island, the Trans-Siberian Express and Mount Fuji in Japan. However, with the sadistic Roman god like presence of Merchant and Gervais, you know it’s not going to be plain sailing for Karl Pilkington.
An Idiot Abroad Series 2 DVD was released on the 21st November 2011 and while the start of the series sees Pilkington getting reassurances from Ricky and Stephen about the niceties laying ahead, the reality of the situation dawns on Karl when he discovers that they have no intentions whatsoever of letting him have an easy jolly around the world.
There are seven episodes in the series, spread over the 2 disc DVD, taking Karl swimming with dolphins, whale watching and meeting gorillas. If you’ve ever seen or heard The Ricky Gervais show, you’ll know that Karl has a pretty unique interpretation of wildlife, so these three episodes will undoubtedly be class, although, seeing him getting a ladyboy makeover in Thailand is going to be hard to beat.
An Idiot Abroad 2 is also set for release on Blu-ray on the 21st November 2011. Special features on the DVD and Blu-ray include Deleted Scenes, Pilko’s Pump Pants mini-feature and Ain’t No Pleasing You.
An Idiot Abroad Series 2 episode list:
1. Desert Island Overnight – Karl discovers the delights of extreme New Zealand islander bungee jumping and has to spend the night alone on a deserted island.
2. Trans Siberian Railway – Karl takes on the massive rail journey and tries his hand at Russian cosmonaut training, Mongolian wrestling as well as visiting a dwarf theme park with far too much delight.
3. Swimming with Dolphins – Karl gets to swim with the fishes in episode three, including sharks and dolphins, although his reservations take their toll on the production.
4. Whale Watching – A trip to Alaska see Karl Whale watching while green around the gill and getting to know a couple of middle aged Inuit ladies.
5. Gorillas in the mist – Karl goes on safari in South Africa, meeting a very cute house elephant, before trekking out to find some Gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
6. Route 66 – Karl goes on tour along the famous Stateside highway.
7. Climb Mount Fuji – In addition to sampling some very old salmon, Karl also get a chance to go head on with the Japanese mountain.
8. Karl Comes Home (Series Highlights) – Karl, Ricky and Stephen look back on the whole crazy adventure, while also getting to fit in a quick prostate check-up for Pilkington.
Karl Pilkington, An Idiot Abroad Series 2 trailer
Other Karl Pilkington news:
- Karl Pilkington The Moaning of Life comes to Sky 1 HD