Banana bread is one of the few go-to recipes when you’ve bought too many bananas and you haven’t had a chance to eat them all before they start to get too ripe for happy (gag free) eating. However, this recipe will hopefully mean you’ll buy extra bananas just to be able to make up a batch of banana bread whenever you feel like it.
Banana bread ingredients (serves 2-3):
• 3 very ripe bananas
• 310g plain flour
• 1.5 tsp baking powder
• 100g butter
• 220g caster sugar
• 25ml milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 tbls honey
• 1 level tsp cinnamon powder
• 1/2 tsp finely grated nutmeg
• A pinch of salt
Banana bread recipe:
1. Cream the butter and sugar until its light, fluffy and pale.
2. Add the eggs and stir with the power of Greyskull. This is your last chance to get air into the mixture, so the more wellie you give it now, the better the texture of the banana bread once it’s been baked.
3. Sieve in the flour and baking powder, add the milk, mashed bananas, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt before folding it all together. The aim here is to get an even mix without losing too much of the air that you’ve already worked in.
4. Heat the oven to 170 degrees celsius while you grease a loaf tin and pour in the banana bread mixture.
5. Cook for 55 minutes in the upper middle of the oven, cool for 10 mins before lifting out onto a cooling rack. Serve your amazing banana bread with a good cup of tea and a comfy sofa.