Boom! E3 2016 has finally arrived and news is already coming in on the latest games, DLC and console news that will be lighting the way in the next year or so following the first few conferences of the show. Bethesda kicked things off yesterday, with only its second ever E3 conference, and it was followed shortly afterwards by the might of EA Games, so there’s everything from a Battlefield 1 gameplay trailer to salivate over to news of a raft of new DLC for Fallout 4.
To give you all of the information in one place, we’ve put together conference summaries to condense the excitement into bitesize chunks, so without further ado, we give you E3 2016:
Nintendo E3 2016 Treehouse news summary:
- For anyone hoping against hope for more information on the Nintendo NX, you should probably cool your jets, because the big N confirmed before their Treehouse conference even drew breath that the upcoming console would not be one of their big talking points at E3. Either its still working on the finer detail or it wanted to see what Microsoft and Sony have to offer next in the console war, but either way, we’re still in the dark on the next Nintendo console.
- The only other big news from the Treehouse is that the much-anticipated new Link outing finally go the attention that it deserves with a gameplay trailer and confirmed name. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild will be coming to both the Wii U and the NX in 2017.
Sony PlayStation E3 conference news:
- Perhaps Sony’s biggest title news was God Of War, which received its gameplay debut, but no release date as of yet
- The PlayStation 4.5 console codenamed Neo didn’t really get a look in, but it is on its way
- We’ll be getting a post-apocalyptic biker zombie adventure in Days Gone
- Hideo Kojima took to the stage to announce his new game, Death Stranding, which looks bat droppings crazy
- The entire Crash Bandicoot series is getting remastered
- Spider-Man will be an exclusive PS4 title
- Horizon Zero Dawn is still looking class with the arrival of the gameplay video
- The Last Guardian has finally got a release date – 25th October 2016
- Detroit Become Human looked hard to gage
- The PlayStation VR is coming and it’ll have the games to back it up. Retail price is $399 in the States and the release date is the 13th October 2016
- Resident Evil 7 will be landing on the 24th January 2017 with full PSVR play
- The virtual reality headset will also be getting the sci-fi adventure Farpoint VR
- Along with Star Wars Battlefront, Batman Arkham VR and Final Fantasy XV experiences
Ubisoft E3 2016 conference news:
- A slightly too well choreographed gameplay trailer for Ghost Recon Wildlands puts in a showing
- Watch Dogs 2 gets a gameplay reveal that looks epic
- Steep leads the way in extreme winter sports fun
- Tom Clancy’s The Division Survival DLC on its way
- South Park: Fractured But Whole loops pretty witty
- For Honour feels a lot like Ryse Son Of Rome so we’re not 100% convinced on it as of yet
- Star Trek Bridge Crew looks very niche
- Trials Of The Blood Dragon looks like a lot of fun
Microsoft E3 2016 conference news:
- The biggest news is that Microsoft will be powering up its consoles with what it’s referring to as Project Scorpio, which will be 4K compatible and powerful enough for full VR delivery. Set to land in winter 2017.
- It’ll also have the Xbox ONE S (for slim) available from August with cheap price tag ($300 in the States). The textured grip on the new wireless controller that comes with it looks pretty sweet
- Scalebound gameplay reveal looked v. cool
- Gears Of War 4 got a little more preview action
- Recore set to arrive in September and kicks out a little gameplay trailer entertainment
- Final Fantasy XV gets demoed
- Dead Rising 4 trailer arrived
- Halo Wars 2 confirmed
- More cars action from Forza Horizon 3
- Tekken 7 attempts to rekindle the magic of its former glory
- The Division Underground DLC will arrive later in June 2016
- State Of Decay 2 announced
EA E3 2016 conference news:
- Battlefield 1 gameplay trailer arrives
- Titanfall 2 got a lot of attention with coverage of both single player campaign story mode and multiplayer action
- Mass Effect Andromeda story revealed
- They’re also tarting around with some Star Wars development, but information is a bit too sketchy to get excited about
- FIFA 17 and Madden 17 got a little love, but not enough to break a sweat, so…
Bethesda E3 2016 conference news:
- The biggest announcement for us is that both Doom and Fallout 4 will be getting VR versions. Gaming content is going to be a huge factor in virtual reality headset war, so the announcement could be an early deciding factor for gamer uptake. The HTC Vive will launch the VR version of Fallout 4 in 2017, giving the headset a massive boost. Doom VR‘s release date and format is yet to be announced, but we’ll update as soon as details are confirmed
- Bethesda will also be rejuvenating yet another 90s first person shooter classic in Quake Champions
- Skyrim Special Edition!!! The remastered RPG classic will be out this October.
- Prey is also back in the mix and it looks very impressive. You’ll be able to play the game on PS4, Xbox ONE and PC in 2017.
- Dishonoured 2 is set to arrive on the 11th November 2016 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- 3 new DLC packs confirmed for Fallout 4 – Contraptions next week (build things), Vault-Tech Workshop in July (create and control your own Vault) and Nuka World in August (new location on an old Nuka Cola theme park).
- Doom Unto Evil DLC will bring new maps, weapons, demon and armour to the multi-player experience.