If you’ve just started playing the Jurassic World Evolution 2 Dominion DLC campaign, Biosyn Sanctuary, or you’re in Sandbox and wondering how you unlock the Pyroraptor, here’s everything that you need to know. The feathered dinosaur is definitely the coolest of the new cretaceous entrants to the franchise in the film and with the details below you’ll be able to add it to your part.
The DLC was launched in the aftermath of the Jurassic World Dominion release date, and it gives you a whole new campaign dedicated to the story. However, here you play on the wrong side of the fence and take up the mantel of looking after the Biosyn Sanctuary from inception to full creation.Advertisement Along the way, you’ll get to add a lot of the new dinosaurs that feature in the film, but the first of these is the Pyroraptor. However, that’s not to say that its easy or necessarily straightforward, despite all of the prompts from the likes of head of Biosyn Lewis Dodgson and his right hand man Ramsay Cole.
Jurassic World Evolution 2 Dominion DLC explained
You’ll need to buy the Dominion DLC from the online store linked to your version of Jurassic World Evolution 2. For example, if you got it from the PlayStation store and you’re playing the game on your PS5 then you need to buy the DLC from there.Advertisement You can also see prompts for this with the game itself from the main menu. You’ll see campaigns on the left hand side of the screen and over on the far right you’ll find the downloadable content tab. Select this and you’ll see the Jurassic World Dominion DLC, which will then take you directly to the relevant store.
It comes with two main pieces of content. The first is the Biosyn Sanctuary campaign, which is the dedicated campaign mentioned above. However, you’ll also get a Dominion Chaos Theory to complete where you’ll create a park in the Sierra Nevadas with Owen Grady.Advertisement Once you unlock everything with these two, you’ll then be able to add elements from the film to your Sandbox park. This will include the Pyroraptor, so you’ll be able to set them up in the cold extremes of Canada. Sadly, there’s no ice for them to swim under like in the film, but it’s still kind of cool.
How to unlock the Pyroraptor in the Jurassic World Evolution 2 Biosyn Sanctuary campaign
Once you’ve got the DLC, you’ll see the Biosyn Campaign from the main menu in Jurassic World Evolution 2. Start this to begin the process to unlock Pyroraptor and if you’re looking for the short answer to the question, you just need to progress this campaign until you get told to research them.
This comes just after you unlock the 4th Biosyn Building upgrade, which will give you a feature to research the Jurassic World Dominion dinosaurs. However, there are a lot of hoops to jump through along the way, so if you want the full details, follow the steps below:
- Construct the Hydro Power hub and connect it to the Research Compound using the underground Hyper Loop.
- Go to the research tab and upgrade to Core Facility Stage 1 either with the pinned node or by hovering over the stage on the left of the research tree.
- Build a Response Facility, Palaeo-Medical and Emergency Shelter.
- Recruit scientists to up your stats to 6 across the board.
- Upgrade to Core Facility Stage 2.
- From the research page, choose power and upgrade the power technology and then apply them on the Hydro Power Hub. You’ll need to tab across to the upgrades and select a slot to do this.
- You’ll then get a delivery of dinosaurs, so you’ll need to build out an enclosure for them all to go in. There are a lot of them, so make sure there’s a good amount of room.
- Once they’re in you’ll need to get them to 80% comfort, so click on them to find out more about what environmental changes you need to make to get them settled in.
- Throw in an outpost and ranger station. The latter has always gone inside the fence, but the former is now the same, so you can put it next to where the dinosaurs are to get your visibility up. Assign a Ranger Team to the post.